I completed my PhD in Informatics at Indiana Universtiy. Before this program I studied Industrial Design at KAIST (Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology) for my BS and MS. I have worked on many research and consulting projects on information navigation and interaction design with focus on usability, user experience, and aesthetics of user interface. Also served as an active author and reviewer in Interaction Design Communities including ACM (Association of Computing Machinery). previous work samples [pdf] (last updated in 2011) My expert areas include Human-Computer Interaction, informatics, data-driven interaction/application design, and interactive prototyping. Recently I teach interactive visualization, mobile computing interaction design, interaction design issues, and methodology courses in School of Design at University of Cincinnati. Since 2012 I have been working on i2b2 project (Informatics for Integrating Biology and the Bedside) with Cincinnati Children's Hospital, to improve visualization and navigation design of electronic medical data management system.
- June 30, 2013: publish a chapter in Handbook of Human Centric Visualization by Springer.
- June 24-28, 2013: attend The Island: Processing Game Design Workshop in Lugano, Switzerland. (UC FDC Award)
- June 18-22, 2013: attend Inquiry by Design Workshop at the Basel School of Design. (UC FDC Award)
- June 13-16, 2013: visit Art Basel in Basel, Switzerland.
- May 29-30, 2013: host Frog Interaction Design Workshop in School of Design at UC.
- April 23-27, 2013: advised 2013 DAAPWorks organization: Graphic Communication Design Exhibition at UC.
- November 8-9, 2012: attended Visualized Conference in New York.
- October 14, 2012: organized Aesthetic Data Visualization Workshop at NordiCHI 2012, Copenhagen.
- October 14, 2012: presented Digital Form and Materiality at NordiCHI 2012, Copenhagen.